Week 2 Day 5
First Pull Request to Bundler!!!
What We Did
- Reviewed how to make changes by branching and making pull requests
- Troubleshooted what happened when files seemed to disappear, or why we couldn’t push our files.
- Setup Bundler for development
- Wrote documentation on How to Setup Bundler for Development
- Submitted a Pull Request for our documentation on How to Setup Bundler for development
- Received comments from Bundler core team
- Made updates to the documentation and resubmitted with the updates
What We Learned from our Boo Boo’s?
- We learned if you are going to create new branches, make sure you are on the master branch! Or else, you will end up creating branches within another branch.
- Make sure your remote is pulling upstream from the github repo you forked not from your own github repo.
The command to show the remotes
git remote -v
- Merge conflict - have to update our local repository to have the same content as the remote repository on github.com. Use git fetch and git merge OR git pull